- 6 - 5 oz pouches Sunsweet Dried Cranberries
- 1 - 15 oz box Golden Raisins
- 2 Medium Green Apples, unpeeled, diced
- 1 - 7oz pouch Sunsweet Amazin' Diced Prunes
- 1 cup Sunsweet Chopped Dates
- Half Gallon Orange juice
- 4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Medium Orange, Zest & Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Ginger (spice)
1) Dice unpeeled apples into small thin pieces [about 1/4"].
2) In a large pot, add cranberries, apples, golden raisins, prunes and dates. Pour in the orange juice. Stir in sugar and ginger. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
3) Reduce heat to medium. Zest 1 medium orange. Juice the orange and remove seeds. Add zest and juice to the pot.
4) Allow chutney to cook at medium for 15 minutes, stirring often. The mixture will begin to reduce and thicken.
5) Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Turn off heat. Allow to cool.
You can serve the chutney warm or cold. Use it in place of traditional cranberry sauce. It goes great with pork tenderloin, ham, turkey or chicken. You can even eat it just by itself. You can can it in small jelly jars and give to your friends and family as a nice holiday treat!