- 24 prunes Sunsweet Pitted Prunes
- 4 ounces Softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Fresh orange zest
- 24 pecan halves Pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup Coarse sanding sugar
In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and orange zest, mixing well. Using a sharp knife or food snips, cut a slit in one side of each prune. Do not cut the prune in half entirely. Fill the slit with one teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Top each filled prune with a toasted pecan. Roll each filled prune in coarse sanding sugar. Place in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 24 appetizers.