- 2 pounds Lean ground beef
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup Green pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup Green apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Sunsweet raisins
- 1/2 cup Toasted chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Chicken broth
To Make Stuffing
In large stockpot, sauté ground beef until fully cooked. Add all chopped ingredients, rice, then add chicken stock. Stir well.
Cover and cook about 30-40 minutes. Stir in raisins and chestnuts and cook 5 more minutes.
Serve with roast turkey and cranberry sauce.